Internal Policies & Legal Compliance
Compliance with labour and employment laws is a critical function, there are numerous laws and regulations governing the employment relationship that People Ops professionals must understand and navigate in order to help ensure their company avoids costly fines and other penalties, including the potential harm to the company’s reputation. Generally, compliance in business means adhering to government laws, health and safety standards, or data and security requirements.
Legal compliance involves not only knowing and understanding the legislation that applies to the company, but also being able to demonstrate that the business and its entities are in compliance at all times. Clearly, compliance with governing laws is essential for any company to be successful in today’s legal environment. But achieving and maintaining compliance can be elusive goals for companies that do not recognize the challenges and develop an effective strategy to meet them.
The documents for staying legally compliant vary based on your industry and location. Fathalla Solutions will assist you and your company to maintain any licenses, permits, or certificates your business received from either your country or Egypt. Renewal requirements vary, so we will keep you updated with local business licensing offices regulations.
- Issuing work permits for foreign employees.
- Calculation & payment of monthly cheque for emergency relief fund.
- Monitoring, completing & maintaining of employee personnel files in accordance with the labour office.
- Managing physically challenged persons’ record.
- Attending the labour office inspection & preparing company defence in case of employees complaining.
- Issuing employees contracts & renewal & advising the line managers with the probation period dates according to the labour office.
- Handling all formalities for hiring, resignation & termination.
- Managing vacation records of the employees.
- Preparing memos & calculations of employees` final settlement.
- Manage the final clearance process & form completion.
- Preparing the admin policy.
While legal professionals advise on the law and best legal practice, it is the role and responsibility of compliance professionals to develop the compliance controls, procedures, policies and systems to ensure that the company operates within clearly defined parameters.
Any country could form its own policies & legal procedures. Global & multinational companies, whether they are offshoring to Egypt or exploring a new market, must take these details into account when formulating policy guidelines. Knowing Egypt-specific guidelines will help to avoid non-compliance risks and substantial penalties. Therefore outsourcing people compliance functions will take a huge burden off your shoulders.
People compliance is a process of defining policies and procedures to ensure your employment and work practices demonstrate a thorough understanding of applicable laws and regulations, while also being aware of the company’s larger human capital resources objectives. Compliance is among the critical functions of any People Ops department. You are tasked with making sure that hiring practices, workplace rules, treatment of employees, and a variety of other factors all comply with the relevant laws. Companies also outline their own people compliance policies to be followed internally.
Fathalla Solutions will guide you to apply the Egyptian labour law within the following areas:
Minimum Number of Nationals
Work Permit Requirements for Foreign Employees
Hiring and Dismissal of Employees
Workplace injury and unemployment